When your company decides to start a marketing campaign on Facebook, it can take some time to determine how different types of advertising work and which will give you the best return on your initial investment. So what is it? Facebook Advertising vs. Post Boosting? That’s where Social: Managed. comes in. As one of the best social media marketing companies in Kansas City, we can help you determine whether boosting posts or a targeted Facebook ad campaign is the best course of action for your business.
Below, we will answer some fundamental questions about Facebook marketing that can help you get started. We can even explain how social media video production in Kansas City can give your business an additional edge in Facebook advertising.
For starters, what exactly does Facebook mean when it asks you if you want to “boost” a post?
Facebook makes post boosting extremely easy, which can make it tempting to boost every post you make. There is a simple button that reading “Boost Post.” Once you click it, Facebook will guide you through a quick series of questions to determine your target audience and your budget. After that, your boss has been boosted. You pay a small fee, and your post will show up more often and on more potential customers’ news feeds than it would have without the boost.
As a business owner, you may have even noticed that Facebook will send you a notification, in the form of a private message, to let you know that you have a favorite post that may benefit from a boost. Sometimes Facebook is right, but not always. As a top digital marketing agency, we have noticed that boosted posts will show up in your follower’s news feeds more frequently. However, it does not necessarily gain you more or new followers.
When is it a good idea to boost a Facebook Post?
- If you think your current followers do not regularly see the posts you are making, boosting may help.
- If you do not have much experience with advertising, boosting your post is a low cost, low-risk way to get more views on a particular post.
- If you are not up to date on Facebook’s newest updates and algorithms, boosting a post can help. (As one of the best social media marketing companies in Kansas City, we can help make sure your company is always up to date on each new Facebook algorithm update.)
- If you created a post that is already doing great and providing your page more traffic, boosting it may help the post do even better.
However, as we stated above, boosting posts is excellent to make sure your followers see your posts, but it is not the best choice for gaining new followers. This means it is not always the number one choice that digital marketing agencies will recommend for advertising on Facebook.
Moving on, what is a Facebook ad campaign?
If you want to create a full ad campaign for Facebook, it can be more complicated than boosting an already established post. In fact, if you are new to digital advertising, we recommend working with one of the best social media marketing companies in Kansas City to create your Facebook ad campaign, as you will need to start from the very beginning and utilize a great deal of advertising experience and expertise.
Below, we will cover some central questions you will need to answer before you begin creating your Facebook ads, whether you create the ads yourself or hire a digital marketing agency to help you.
- What is the goal of your Facebook ad? By identifying your target before you create your ad, you can save time and money in the long run.
- Who is the target market for your ad? Facebook will allow you to specify your target audience based on many factors, and being specific will get you better results.
- What do you need for your ad? Social media videos can be an excellent resource for a Facebook ad campaign. If you are new to social media video production in Kansas City, Social: Managed. can help.
- What budget do you have for your ad? Make sure you set and stick to a budget. This will keep you from overspending.
When is it a good idea to invest in a Facebook ad campaign?
- If you have advanced digital advertising knowledge, you could create a great Facebook ad.
- If you have the help of an experienced social media marketing company in Kansas City, creating a Facebook ad campaign could greatly benefit your company.
- If your goal is to reach new potential customers, precisely at a local level, an ad campaign can be a great resource.
- If you are interested in looking into social media video production in Kansas City, a Facebook ad campaign can be a great place to use your videos.
Keep in mind, while a Facebook ad campaign will have a broader reach than boosting a post, you will need a larger advertising budget to cover the costs.
In conclusion, boosting posts on Facebook and creating ads on Facebook both have different benefits and different drawbacks. Give Social: Managed. a call at (913) 222-9617, and we can help you determine which path is right for your business.